Meditation Teacher Training
The course is an invitation to anyone with an interest in learning and sharing the real spiritual essence of Yoga i.e. meditation; while previous practice of yoga and meditation is not required but their benefits can’t be denied
Students taking part in the Meditation Teacher Training course should have completed the meditation retreat at Sri Yoga Peeth. This is not really necessary but strongly recommended so that student has gained some serious experience in meditation. By completing the meditation retreat you have some insight about the importance of meditation further the capacity to sit for some time has already developed. But this is not anyway very much required for a new seeker/trainee teacher if he is ready to go through the four weeks of this training schedule.
Note, that it is possible to complete meditation retreat and teacher training course one after another continuously.
Who is the course suitable for?
This Meditation Teacher Training course is suitable for all spiritual enthusiast, spiritual seekers, people who are looking for a noble career in yoga and meditation, yoga teachers wanting to upgrade their skills, massage therapists, mental health professionals like counselors, psychologist as well as for those interested in teaching or guiding meditation in their community (e.g. schools, wellbeing centres, etc.). The course objective is to equip the student with the necessary skills to successfully teach meditation and mindfulness in any setting, to enhance your personal and professional abilities, and to gain the knowledge necessary to conduct a meditation workshop or class.
Course Requirements & Certification
All the students taking part and successfully completing (you attend 90% session and classes)meditation teacher training course will be provided with a Yoga Alliance Certified 200 Hr Meditation Teacher Training Certificate, which can be used in most places for finding a decent job.
The course covers-:
• The basic meditation techniques
• Meditation mudras, Antar-Mauna, Ajapa Japa
• The food habits and life style
• Mindfulness, Sleeping, walking and eating meditation
• The meditation with eyes open and closed
• Modern relaxation techniques like JPMR
• More than 20 simple meditation techniques for different people with their benefits
• Presenting meditation in easily digestible and understandable terms
• Helpful and complimentary practices of yoga and pranayama
• Guiding students in a meditation skillfully
• Establishing an appropriate setting/place for a meditation class
• Removing misconceptions and difficulties and how to overcome them
• Answering challenging questions about existence
• Theism and Atheism in perspective of meditation
• The importance of food habits in meditation
• The basic philosophy of meditation and yoga
• The role(s) of a meditation teacher The course consists of four, one-week modules. The first two weeks are devoted to develop the understanding of meditation and practice of various supplementary techniques. The next .two weeks are dedicated to develop teaching aptitude with deepened personal practices.
1. Introduction to Meditation Techniques: Mindfulness with basic practices
2. Advance Meditation techniques with relaxation
3. Understanding how to teach and where to start
4. Choosing the right technique for different techniques: Communicating with Students
The course itself includes personal practice, discussions, opportunities to guide the class and assignment work. Also, each module is developed in a manner to be useful for meeting the different needs of different students
Course Registration & Payment
Applications for the Meditation Teacher Training course need to be made online for the course. However, if you wish you may inquire about the course sending email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register you will need to make a non-refundable deposit of $200, and payment in full is to be paid before the commencement of the course at Sri Yoga Peeth, Rishikesh.
If you are a couple or a group of individuals then also you can ask for our concessional prices.